Saturday, April 4, 2015

March Wrap Up


I sort of basically failed at getting through my March TBR. I had six books on last month's list and I only read two out of the five plus one that wasn't even on it. It was actually my first time choosing books ahead of time for the whole month and I'm not sure how I feel about it. On the one hand, I liked knowing that I had a set stack of books that I wanted to get through. I generally don't know what to read next when I finish a book (provided, of course, that the book isn't a series - in which case, marathoning is always my thing.) So, I spend days starting books from my piles and trying to figure out which one I feel like reading. This usually results in a reading slump which I proceed to procrastinate working through. But, with a monthly TBR, I had a much smaller set of books to choose from which made it easier to pick what to read next. However, my problem with choosing books ahead of time is new books come out every day and I work at Barnes and Noble. I want to read all the new books! That's how I ended up reading The Haunting of Sunshine Girl which was not at all on my list.

Anyway, now onto the wrap- up:

I started March by finishing Assassin's Blade by Sarah J. Maas which I began reading February. I didn't write a review on this one because I was in Virginia when I finished it and I didn't bother to bring my laptop just for a weekend trip. All in all, I LOVED this book. I knew going into it that my feels were going to break (because SAM CORTLAND) but holy crap I wasn't prepared. I just wasn't. And learning the history behind the line "I Am Celaena Sardothien and I will not be afraid" nearly broke me. Also, I have serious hate for Arobynn. By the way, is it just me or does Sarah J. Maas have a sincerely cinematic way of writing? By which I mean, when I'm reading her books, I can almost hear an epic musical score playing in the background and visualize what the camera angles would be to make the scene as amazing and dramatic as possible. She's just amazing all around. This was a 5 out of 5 read for sure.

I also read:
http://thebookdancer.blogspot.com/2015/03/beastkeeper-by-cat-hellisen.html  http://thebookdancer.blogspot.com/2015/03/the-scorpio-races-by-maggie-stiefvater.html http://thebookdancer.blogspot.com/2015/04/the-haunting-of-sunshine-girl-by-paige.html
Click the covers to read my reviews.

Fairytale Reading Challenge 2015: Beastkeeper is a Beauty and the Beast retelling making it the second out of my 16-20 books for my Wise Princess goal.

Also in March, my new blog design from Livia went live which brought with it a new rating system. You'll notice my ratings at the bottoms of all of my March reviews. They look like this:
or this  
When I was discussing them with Livia, we were hoping they wouldn't be confusing. Hopefully they aren't but just in case: each pair of shoes is a one full star while any single slipper is a half star. So the first image would be 3.5 stars and the second would be 4 stars. Is that confusing? I'm hoping it's not but do tell me your thoughts.

For April, I'm putting myself on a DNF quest as Lisa from Bookish Broads puts it. The reason I didn't get through as many books as I wanted to in March is because I forced myself to finish books that I just really wasn't into. Though both Beastkeeper and The Scorpio Races were short, they took me forever to read. I hate not finishing a book but if I'm really not feeling it, what's the point right? So, for April, I'll take on Lisa's quest and if I'm not really into a book by page 100, I'll DNF it with no guilt and simply move on to the next.

I'm probably not going to do an April TBR post but since I'm currently reading Cinder by Marissa Meyer and loving it even though I'm only on chapter two, it's a pretty good bet that Scarlet, Cress, and Fairest will be next on my list.

4 comments:

  1. You might want to add a 'ghost' slipper or 1/2 symbol for your half slipper- I couldn't tell it was a half star stand in. Otherwise, they are super cute! I love your new design!
    ~Litha Nelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh I totally get what you mean but "ghost" slipper. I wish I had thought of that sooner! I'll try to make that happen =D

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. ASSASSIN'S BLADE <3 I loved Throne of Glass so I'm happy that you enjoyed that one too! You read a lot of books in March :) I, on the other hand, only managed to read just 1 book because of this awful reading slump I had. (Sad.) I hope you have more awesome books to read this April :) Also, HAPPY EASTER!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVED the Throne of Glass series!! Assassin's Blade hurt though - no amount of mental preparing prepared me for that one. SAM!! Haha aw thanks, I really only read three books but that'stwo more than what I read in February. Good luck with your reading slump - hope you get out of it soon! Happy Easter!! =D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...