Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday #8: Top Ten Books That I Want to Read but Don't Own Yet

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/meme created by The Broke and the Bookish.

I want to read all the books!!!! Why isn't there enough time in the world???


1. The Giver by Lois Lowry - Gah! I know! The movie just came out but even before that was in the works I've wanted to read this. I never had to read it for school because my grammar school believed in nonsense like a reading textbook filled with excerpts instead of shelling out money for actual books for students.
 
2. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak - Same goes for this one. I never read it for school but people rave about it so much that I need to read it.

3. If I Stay by Gale Forman - I'm totally falling for the new craze in YA contemporary and If I Stay has made it to my TBR list. I'd seen this book around before but since contemporary isn't usually my thing, I wasn't too interested in it.

4. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas - My favorite booktuber, Katytastic, talks about the Throne of Glass series all the time. I need in on the awesomeness. By the way, if you don't watch Kat, you should totally watch Kat.

5. Attachments (and Landline) by Rainbow Rowell - Fangirl and Eleanor and Park both made for cute, fun reading experiences intertwined with epic feels. I need more Rainbow Rowell on my shelves, without a doubt.

6. Ready Player One by Ernest Cline - This came up as a suggested read during one of my book club polls so I finally read a summary of what it's about. It sounds really interesting though I'm a little wary that I won't get all the 80s pop culture references. I'm all for a John Hughes movie night any day of the week but that's just about where my 80s knowledge ends. Well, that and the original 21 Jump Street TV series.

7. The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman - I just read volume one of The Graveyard Book Graphic Novel. Now, I'm in a Neil Gaiman sort of mood and The Ocean at the End of the Lane has been on my TBR ever since I heard of it coming out. Therefore, it's earned a mention on this list.

8. The 5th Wave by Rick Yancy - Post-apocalyptic dystopian? Count me in.  This is another book that I've heard really good things about. The Infinite Sea comes out soon too though so I may just wait until I can get both at once and marathon through them.

9. Wonder by R. J. Palacio - I have heard nothing but great things about this book from everyone who has read it. I'm actually surprised it hasn't won a Newbery Award or at least an honor. Though, honestly, I don't know much about how the Newbery's are given out. Plus, there's a little e-book novella that released recently that I want to read too.

10. Peter Pan in Scarlet by

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...