Monday, June 29, 2015

Mini June Wrap Up + Two Week Wizarding World Hiatus

 I am apparently in a massive reading slump. I've only read one book YET AGAIN this month! I fail at life obviously but I'm totally going to put the blame on the overwhelming amount of books I got during BookCon. Yup I blame that. Not really I just fail sometimes.

Anywho, this month I read Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen. It's pretty good but really slow at first. It took a long time for me to get into it and even then, there are a lot of long passages of back story back aren't too too interesting but at the same time essential to the main story. But even with all the back story, there are a lot of questions left unanswered. Mainly, what on earth happened that this is set in a future medieval-type dystopian world where Harry Potter exists and electronics are known but none of these things are around anymore. Like, I need to know what happened to have made the world regress so far. I still have about 50 pages to go until I actually finish the book but with the way things are going, I highly doubt that's going to be one of the questions that gets resolved by the end. Hopefully, in the sequel Invasion of the Tearling we'll get more answers. I won't lie - I totally wanted to read this strictly because Emma Watson is attached as playing Kelsea in the upcoming movie adaptation. She doesn't really look the part because she's gorgeous and there's constant emphasis on Kelsea's plainness but still, it's Emma Watson. She's amazing no matter what she's in.

Speaking of Emma Watson, I'm going on a two week hiatus starting tomorrow. Why? Because my family and I are going to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter!!

 
Harry Potter is my childhood!! I'm so excited!! I've never been there but I've been wanting to go ever since I heard that they were building it. I want to drink butterbeer and go to Ollivander's and Weasley Wizard Wheezes and just do all the Harry Potter things all while trying very hard not to go broke of which I'm sure there is a very high possibility. I'm not spending two full weeks in Florida but I'm leaving tomorrow (at the terrible hour of 3 am) for a week in North Carolina to visit relatives then we're driving down to Orlando for three days in Universal Studios and the Wizarding World and one day at Disney. We haven't bought the Disney tickets yet but I'm really feeling the need to visit the Magic Kingdom again. I haven't been there since I was little. So so excited!!


*Cue epic road trip music*


4 comments:

  1. Have so much fun and take lots of pics xD!

    Alex @ The Book's Buzz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to read Queen of the Tearling. I hear book 2 is really good too, but I have heard about the slowness problems. Yay, have fun at Universal Studios!! PICTURES OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN :D

    Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Queen of the Traveling is pretty good. It is slowish but the story is good. I know I heard book 2 gets better. Thanks! Lol no worries there will b pictures =D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...