Thursday, October 2, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday #1: The Blood of Olympus!!


Hello and welcome to my first Waiting on Wednesday!! Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Breaking the Spine to feature books that we readers are impatiently waiting to get on hands on.

I do realize that as it's after midnight, my first Waiting on Wednesday is actually on Thursday. I blame work on this as I tend to blog after I come home and I had a closing shift tonight. However, closing is what made me want to do a WoW post because as I was finishing some stuff in the backroom, what do I come across but boxes upon boxes of... The Blood of Olympus!!!  Now the boxes were labeled with the strict warning to "not open until October 7, 2014 or there will be blood." Seriously, it said that. (Plus, you know, it's actually illegal to open certain boxes of books before their release date. Rick Riordan books fall under that category as do anything by J.K. Rowling or other major authors.) However, that didn't stop me and a fellow co-worker from pausing and admiring the boxes. So close and yet so far...

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18705209-the-blood-of-olympus?ac=1
Release Date: October 7, 2014
Summary from Goodreads:
Though the Greek and Roman crewmembers of the Argo II have made progress in their many quests, they still seem no closer to defeating the earth mother, Gaea. Her giants have risen—all of them—and they're stronger than ever. They must be stopped before the Feast of Spes, when Gaea plans to have two demigods sacrificed in Athens. She needs their blood—the blood of Olympus—in order to wake.

The demigods are having more frequent visions of a terrible battle at Camp Half-Blood. The Roman legion from Camp Jupiter, led by Octavian, is almost within striking distance. Though it is tempting to take the Athena Parthenos to Athens to use as a secret weapon, the friends know that the huge statue belongs back on Long Island, where it "might" be able to stop a war between the two camps.

The Athena Parthenos will go west; the Argo II will go east. The gods, still suffering from multiple personality disorder, are useless. How can a handful of young demigods hope to persevere against Gaea's army of powerful giants? As dangerous as it is to head to Athens, they have no other option. They have sacrificed too much already. And if Gaea wakes, it is game over.
So... why am I waiting on this book?
 
IT'S THE FINAL BOOK OF THE PERCY JACKSON SAGA!!!!
 
The last one then no more Percy... I am dreading the feels this book is going to put me through.
 
The cover actually makes me a little nervous because that's Jason in the middle of it. I have nothing really against Jason but he's not Percy. If Percy isn't the one who saves the day/world/gods/etc., I'll be upset.
 
Some things that I want to happen (in no particular order):
- Percy needs to discover Nico's secret
- Leo has to find his way back to Calypso
- Frank has to figure out the burning stick thing because I don't necessarily think it means his actual death
- Percy learns to think twice about the consequences his actions have (i.e. - scaring Annabeth when he killed Ahlys, forgetting about Bob and his promise to Calypso.)
- Nico's POV chapters (Rick Riordan basically said that this was going to happen in a tweet, but I really want to hear Nico's POV.)
- more Reyna
- someone whacks Octavian upside the head for being annoying
- Bob gets to see the stars again
 
I'm sure I have more things that I really want to see but those are the ones that came to mind first. I'm also doubly excited for this book because I preordered a signed copy of it. Yay!!! I'm also prepared to go through book major withdrawals afterward. I purposely haven't read my copy of Percy Jackson's Greek Gods (also signed because Books of Wonder is awesome) yet because I know I'll need some kind of Percy-ness after finishing The Blood of Olympus.
 
 
So, what are you waiting for this Wednesday Thursday? Are you waiting as eagerly as I am of The Blood of Olympus? If you are, what are your theories? I want to know!!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...